Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Update: SendinLuv Africa 2012 Trip

Greetings! 

Thank you so much family for all of you who have given so generously from your hearts.  I am very close to my goal and people continue to bless me.  The offerings of love, advice, support and monetary contributions have gone a loooong way in such a short time.  I am quickly approaching the costs to cover the air fare (93%) & 57% of my ultimate goal!  I am learning and growing on this journey that has begun even before I take off.  It has truly been a faith walk for me. 

I am still waiting to get my visa that is required for my stay in Nigeria (my primary destination).  My passport has been sent to Maryland to get a visa by Nigerian consulate officials and now the passport has returned unstamped!!!  There seems to have been some confusion regarding the changes in Nigerian government regulations (from what I understand).  So once again I have to send the passport and documents to get the required paperwork.  I guess this is one benefit of traveling with a group rather than as an individual.  There is probably not as much hassle and runaround when you have others to take care of these matters for you.  Who knows, maybe my challenges will help others in the future who aim to travel the same path as I am traveling now.  I know that all is well and that God & my God-given purpose is greater than my challenges.  Please continue to pray for me.  I KNOW THAT PRAYER WORKS! 

First, I must share about how I was blessed to be surrounded by a gathering of some phenomenal women on Sunday who shared their prayers and blessings and requests as I prepare to leave.  It was amazing!  We shared some wonderful tea, a blend of mint and Quinquilliba (an African detoxing herb that is very rich in quinine to offer protection from the mosquitos).  An herb that this potent is expected to not be as tasty as it was!  All I did was simmer the leaves for about 15 or so mins and allow to cool.  Then I added a few tablespoons of raw agave nectar (natural sweetener that is diabetic-friendly because it does not spike the blood glucose levels and has no nasty after taste), stir and serve.  It was that easy and tasty too!  We ate samplings of fresh, whole organic foods, such as hummus, kale salad, & my famous tun-no (a carrot-based salad with a taste that is better than most tuna salads).  We also had a vegan dessert prepared, cookies! 

I will definitely have to do another tea and invite EVERYONE to share some of what I learned and experienced from the coming trip when I return. 

 For those that have asked if it is too late to give a contribution, THANK YOU!   I appreciate your offerings and contributions are still accepted either through mail or hand delivery at Serenity Suites, 3012 N. Davidison Street, Charlotte, NC 28205.

All checks or money orders should be made out to Kimberley Baucom.  Card payments are accepted as well.  You can call 866-944-9560 ext. 703 or click on the paypal link:  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=aura_shine%40yahoo%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Herb%27N%20Spice%2c%20LLC&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted 

SendinLuv in Every Direction,

Aura Agape

No comments:

Post a Comment