Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Patiently Waiting

I have to clear my mind and open my heart.  Patience is not easy for me.  Especially when dealing with African time!  I thought CP time was long...well I obviously need this lesson before the journey because it (the need for patience) is coming at me hard. I find myself in a position that there is nothing that I can do but, pray and wait. Prayer and meditation and great friends have been my source of calm and sanity during this time.

My anticipation has built up so much that the delay brings about a deep and emotional response rather than the cool, deep breathing, collected response that I would like to have.  I will not announce anymore dates of departure as the nothing seems to be exact in this endeavor.  It's going to happen the way it is supposed to happen. I think that I now can relate to a first-time expectant mother awaiting the birth of her child and wanting everything to be perfect.  When the ninth month arrives, even before then, the arrival is all that thought about.  All that is done is in preparation for the arrival and the responsibilities and joys that are to follow.  The anticipation comes even more intensely when it is overdue. Just as a baby enters into the world, my departure for Africa will come in its own time.  So now I must let go and be at peace. Please keep me in your prayers.  I am sure that all is working out in divine time and order. When it does happen, I will have to remember to take a picture of my bare feet touching Mama Africa's soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment